Search Engine OptimizationLocal SEO helps your business appear at the top of Search results
So, what is SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), as the name says it itself, it is the process of optimizing a website so that search engines can, properly, analyze (index) it to find out what the website is about. SEO not only helps search engines find out what a website is about, but it also helps them know how trustworthy and influential it is.
In relation to the information it finds during the analysis (indexing), the search engine will give the website a ranking,
There’s a big number of factors that search engines check for, to help them rank a website. Only Google’s and other search engines’ engineers know what all of these factors are. But SEO professionals and enthusiasts know some of these factors; and they know that a correct implementation, of them, will boost, a website higher in the search rankings.
FREE SEO EVALUATION
On-Page and Off-Page SEO
A website’s SEO is divided into, mainly, two categories: On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO.
On-Page SEO Factors
On-Page refers to anything that has to be done within the website itself. So, the implementation of the following factors is done inside each of the webpages on the website.
- URLs (The addresses of the webpages)
- Canonical Link Tags
- Titles (different for each webpage)
- Meta Description (a short description of each of the webpages)
- Headings (h1, h2, h3, h4 tags)
- Images (all images must have a readable name and an ALT attribute)
- Text/Content (content must be original, high quality, readable, the more the better, keyword optimized not keyword stuffed)
- Internal Links (these links will help search engines navigate, find and analyze all of your webpages)
- Frames (Don’t use any frames or use the least possible. Search Engines can’t read what’s inside them.)
- Schema (the use of schema will help your webpages standout on the search results)
- Sitemaps (Search Engines will make use of the sitemap to navigate and analyze each one of your webpages)
Off-Page SEO Factors
Off-page refers to the activities conducted outside the website. The most important off-page activities are:
- Link Building (links from other websites give trust and confidence votes, in the eyes of the search engines, to your website)
- Social Media (as with links, social media engagement tells search engines that your website is engaging and trustworthy)
- Social Bookmarking (each Like is a vote of confidence and influence)
The more of these factors are correctly implemented, the higher your webpages will rank.
Why would you want your webpages to rank higher
Let’s say that you have a Pest Control business in Los Angeles. After doing some research, we find out that there are around 4400 monthly searches for ‘pest control’ in the Los Angeles city area.
The listings on the first page of Google get 91.5% of searches’ clicks. That means that out of the 4400 searches, roughly, 4026 will click on the listings on that first page.
Furthermore, depending on the position on that first page, a listing gets a percentage of the searches’ clicks. The overall click-through-rate on the first page of Google is as follows:
- Position 1 – 32.5% ~= 1430
- Position 2 – 17.6% ~= 774
- Position 3 – 11.4% ~= 502
- Position 4 – 8.1% ~= 356
- Position 5 – 6.1% ~= 268
- Position 6 – 4.4% ~= 194
- Position 7 – 3.5% ~= 154
- Position 8 – 3.1% ~= 136
- Position 9 – 2.6% ~= 114
- Position 10 – 2.4% ~= 105
How much more money could you make going from Position 10 to Position 5 or Position 5 to Position 2?
Just going from Position 2 to Position 1 could double up your business. And this is only 1 keyword that can be used by a Pest Control business. There’s plenty more that could be targeted.
Why does a local business website needs SEO
For the reason stated above. As a local business owner you want people, in your local area, searching for your services, to find and visit your website, and hopefully give you a call of fill out your contact form. That was the reason for creating your business website; was it not? Or was it just to show it to your friends?
But what if I already rank first when people search for my business?
Ranking first for your business name search term is nothing to celebrate about. If someone is searching for your business, in specific, they either already know you or they just want more information about you. That’s not a new lead. You want people searching for your services, not your business name.
Ranking for your business is easy. All you have to do is, basically, be your business and have somewhat of an online presence. Do some research and find out how many people are searching for your business; not that many, if any at all.
We Know Local SEO
We understand what needs to be done to rank local business websites. Our SEO professionals know how to perform each one of the on-page and off-page SEO factors. Local SEO is what we do. The same tactics we use it to rank our own lead websites will be used to help your business website escalate the Google ranks.
Take the first step and begin the process today. Start moving up on the Google rankings ladder and make sure your share of the pie gets bigger and bigger, as time progresses.